Food Center

/Food Center
Food Center 2017-02-09T10:10:57+00:00

Helping hungry families in Bucks & Mercer Counties

The Food Center at Morrisville Presbyterian Church provides supplemental food assistance to hungry families in Lower Bucks County, PA and the greater Trenton, NJ area. What began in 1997 as the Deacon’s Food Cupboard has grown into a ministry run by over 80 dedicated volunteers.

Last year, The Food Center provided non-perishable groceries, produce, meat, dairy and bread to over 15,000 individuals: 50% of the clients are adults; 33% are children; and 17% are senior citizens.  Because of The Food Center’s location close to several Delaware River bridges, the majority of the clients served are from New Jersey.  Last year, 88% of our clients came from New Jersey, predominantly Trenton.  The other 12% came from Lower Bucks County, PA.023

Food Distribution hours:

  • Wednesday, 9 am to 12 pm
  • 1st Tuesday of each month, 7-8 pm (For working families and college students only)

The Food Center operates almost every other day of the week in support of distribution day.  Monday is bag packing; Tuesday is set-up and produce delivery; and Thursday is our shopping day.  Local companies and organizations donate much of the food that is distributed.  Other food is procured through grocery stores and food banks, but most of our food is purchased using donated funds.  Each year, the Hike Against Hunger raises funds to support The Food Center.

Eligibility Requirements: Clients may visit the Food Center only one time each month, and must show proof of residency, and proof of income to determine need. Click here for information on what paperwork you need to bring with you.


How You Can Help:

  • Volunteer.  The Center is run by dedicated group of over 80 volunteers.  30% of our volunteers come from the congregation of the Morrisville Presbyterian Church, while the other 70% are individuals from the community who share The Food Center’s vision.  Volunteer opportunities are available throughout the week, but especially on Wednesday mornings during distribution of the food. All Food Center volunteers are subject to our Safe Child Policies, and may require PA Child Abuse Clearances.  Click here for more detailed information on these policies and our volunteer opportunities.
  • Cash donations are always appreciated, and since we have the ability to purchase food in bulk from area food banks, we have purchasing power that can stretch your cash donation further. Donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
  • Food donations are always welcome, either from individuals or from groups who have organized a food drive. If you are planning a drive on our behalf, please call to let us help you with details and suggestions on what is currently most needed.
  • Set up a Service Day.  The Food Center benefits from the efforts of several local businesses and others who either come as a group to the Center to volunteer or hold a food or diaper drive at their site. Volunteers included youth groups, scout troops, other local congregations, schools, senior residences and other residential communities, and the National Letter Carriers Association.
  • Advocate for the poor to your local representatives, in your place of worship, or among friends and colleagues.  In America today, 46.5 million people live below the poverty level—that is 15 % of the U.S. population. Among them are 16.3 million children. One in five children in America live in poverty. The poverty level is set at the federal level, so families in our area, where the cost of living is higher than in other regions of the country, have a more difficult time making ends meet.





Click here to download the Food Center’s brochure:

Click here to view our 2016 Annual Report

To contact us, send an email to, or call the church office at 215-295-4191.

Several Food Center Volunteers worked at Snipes to glean apples to be made into applesauce for Thanksgiving by The Rolling Harvest group.